London Calling Arts Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
London Calling Arts Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17.07.11
What we collect
What we do with the information we gather
- Name and email address and postcode, collected either directly or via Facebook
- Permission to send you emails from London Calling
- The MyLC registration process will collect information on your interests and favourite things to do. It will do this by presenting you with a list of information categories from which you may select your preferred interests. The information collected here will be used to personalise your site visit based on your personal interests.
- We will not pass on to a third party without your permission any personal information resulting from these preferences but may use the information in an aggregated, anonymous format i.e. no individual could be identified from the aggregated preference results.
- The MyLC itinerary function will collect data on visit patterns. We will not pass on to a third party without your permission any personal information resulting from these visits but may use the information in an aggregated, anonymous format i.e. no individual could be identified from the aggregated visit results.
- From time to time we will carry out customer surveys related to customer satisfaction and our better market understanding. We will not pass on to a third party without your permission any personal information resulting from these surveys but we may use the information in an aggregated, anonymous format i.e. where no individual could be identified from the aggregated survey results.
- Permission to send you special offers and news related to the website content.
- Permission to send you information on the sale of products related to the website content.
- Permission to send you information on the availability of downloadable information e.g. e-books or newsletters, related to the website content.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on our websites. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and to monitor user behaviour for statistical and marketing purposes. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to London Calling Arts, 14a, Ardleigh Road, London N1 4HP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.